|A&W® Restaurants is committed to your privacy|
We know how important your privacy is to you and we're committed to protecting the privacy of our visitors and clients.
Information We Collect
Information You Provide
You may be asked to provide information to us through one or more services we provide through our web site, embed within messages to you, within social media, or otherwise. This information may include personally identifiable information, such as, for example, your name, birth date, email address, address, and telephone number.
Information Obtained Through Use of Services
We may collect information provided by you and your computer through use of our services, including this web site, embedded within messages to you, within social media, and otherwise. This information may include the following types of information:
- Logging Information. We may automatically obtain and store HTTP header, information obtained from client-side tracking objects, information specific to your device, and other information obtained through our server logs upon your use of our services.
- Mobile Information. We may obtain information specific to mobile activity through use of our services, such as, for example, your location, your mobile device type, and the capabilities of your mobile device.
- Social Media. When interacting with our services within social media, we may obtain information stored within social media or authorized by you to be collected by us within such social media. This information may include your contact information, photos, email address, friend information, friends and pages with whom you have an association, and other information stored within social media.
In order to determine a user’s ability to receive HTML email in addition to whether or not an email has been opened, A&W Restaurants, Inc. includes a “web beacon” in a majority of the HTML email messages we send. A web beacon (actually a small .gif image) is activated when an HTML email is opened via a request for the image on our servers. This capability helps A&W Restaurants, Inc. send email in a format users can read and enables A&W Restaurants, Inc. and our clients that use the functionality, to track the aggregate number of emails opened. The web beacon does not collect any personally identifiable information. Users that do not want to receive email messages with web beacons can choose to receive their emails in text (non-HTML) format. We also use, and provide our clients with, the capability to track when a URL has been clicked inside of an email message sent by our system. We use this functionality to track which links were clicked and in what quantity, as well as the aggregate number of links clicked. This click tracking functionality does not collect any personally identifiable information.
How We Use Collected Information
At times we will use your HTTP header information to help diagnose problems with our server and to administer our web site. We also may track browser types to help us understand our visitors’ needs related to our web site design. There is an optional section of our web site where input forms require your name, phone number, company, birth date and e-mail address. This form provides the ability to opt-in to receiving future emails of any sort from A&W Restaurants, Inc. If you opt-in to receiving email communications from us, then we may send information to you on our products or services. This information will not be used for any other purpose. We do, however, reserve the right to disclose your personally identifiable information as required by law and when we believe that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights and/or comply with a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process served on our Web site. You may review and change your information with us at any time by clicking on the “modify profile” link on the site or similar found at the bottom of emails sent via our system, or by contacting us at email@example.com. To opt-out from having any provided information used for email communications from us, please click on the opt-out (unsubscribe) link in any message you receive from us. This will allow you to unsubscribe or update your message preferences. Alternately, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Combination of Information
We may combine information collected through your use of our website and services with information that we collect from other sources, including third parties.
How We Share Information
We may disclose your information to third parties in the following situations or for the following purposes:
- Consent. We may disclose your information to third parties for purposes not directly related to our site in the event that you consent to such disclosure.
- Service Providers and External Processing. Your information may be shared with third party service providers, affiliates, or other trusted businesses to provide certain customer services based on our instructions. We require that our third party service providers implement and maintain security measures to protect the confidentiality and security of the information you provide to us.
- Law Enforcement. Your information may be shared with law enforcement officials if it relates to a criminal investigation or alleged illegal activity.
- Necessary or for Safety Reasons. We may also disclose your information if required or permitted to do so by law, for fraud protection and credit risk reduction purposes, or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to protect and defend the rights or property of A&W Restaurants, Inc., its customers, or other users, to act under urgent circumstances to protect the safety of A&W Restaurants, Inc. or its employees or a member of the public, or to comply with a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process.
- Sale or Acquisition of Assets. If A&W Restaurants, Inc. becomes involved in a transaction involving the sale of its assets, such as a merger or acquisition, or if A&W Restaurants, Inc. is transferred to another company, we may disclose and/or transfer your information as part of the transaction.
Link to Other Websites
A&W Restaurants, Inc.’s web site may contain links to web sites not affiliated with us. Your use of an external website or any informational content found on an external website is subject to and governed by the terms and conditions of such website. A&W Restaurants, Inc. does not endorse or make any representations or warranties concerning, and will not in any way be liable for, any informational content, products, services, software, or other materials available on an external website, even if one or more pages of the external website are framed within a page of A&W Restaurants, Inc.’s web site. A&W Restaurants, Inc. is not responsible for the privacy practices of any external web sites.
Security and Privacy
We encourage parents and guardians to be aware of and participate in their children’s online activities. Children under the age of 13 RECEIVE SPECIAL PROTECTIONS. We will not knowingly accept information from children under the age of 13.
Notification of Changes
For further information, please contact us.
A&W Restaurants, Inc.