A&W Restaurants, Inc. is committed to improving the accessibility of our websites and electronic communications. Working with The National Center for Accessible Media at WGBH (NCAM), we have identified the needed improvements to provide accessibility for people with disabilities.
Over time we will be implementing relevant portions of the Section 508 Web Accessibility Standards developed by the United States Access Board, as well as the World Wide Web Consortium's (W3C) Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.0. These processes will promote accessibility for everyone, regardless of disability or device used to access information on our websites and electronic communications.
Below are some of the steps we are taking to ensure the accessibility of our materials.
- All images will contain appropriate alternative text
- Form elements will be properly labeled
- Data tables will contain headers where appropriate
- Headings will be properly labeled with descriptive titles throughout the site
- Multimedia (video or audio clips) will be closed captioned and/or described
- All areas of the website will be operable by keyboard strokes
- Foreground/background color schemes will provide adequate contrast
- A method will be provided to bypass repetitive navigational links
- Text will be resizable in all browsers
- Multimedia controls will be implemented to pause image carousels
- There will be a Logical hierarchy of headings to denote main and subsequent content
Please be aware that our efforts are ongoing; as a result, there may be areas of our sites that achieve increased accessibility at a rate different than others during a given period of time.
A&W Restaurants, Inc. commitment to accessibility extends to all users. If you have questions or comments about our accessibility efforts, please contact A&W Restaurants, Inc. at 859-721-2336.
For information on Section 508 of the Rehabilitation Act, please visit the Department of Justice Section 508 website. Thank you.